On April 27, 2009, Conquest Vacations Inc. ("Conquest") filed an Assignment in Bankruptcy under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (Canada) (the "Act"). As previously reported in the media, Conquest ceased operating on April 15, 2009.
FIRST MEETING OF CREDITORS
The Trustee is currently reviewing the books and records of Conquest and has mailed out the Notice to Creditors.
The First Meeting of Creditors will be held as follows:
Customers who are booked and paid using cash/cheque through a travel agency are requested to contact their respective agency who will assist you with respect to a refund or claim.
Customers who have booked directly with Conquest Vacations will have already been contacted.
Customers who have booked and paid for their future travel using a credit card, should contact their credit card issuing institution for a refund.
Customers should also refer to the Travel Industry Council of Ontario website by clicking the button below:
Customers should note that the Trustee is not issuing refunds. Unsecured creditors will have an opportunity to file a Proof of Claim and attend the First Meeting of Creditors to receive the Trustee's Report on the bankruptcy administration and the likelihood of any recovery.
- Press Release #1- 27 April 2009
- Statement of Affairs- 27 April 2009
- Amended Certificate of Appointment- 27 April 2009
- Proof of Claim Form
- Court Order for alternate service- 29 April 2009
- Letter and Notice to Creditors 1 May 2009
- Trustees First Report to Court 12 May 2009
- Trustees Second Report to Court 19 January, 2010
- Trustees Supplementary Second Report to Court 5 March, 2010
- Court Order allowing TICO to proceed against Conquest
and Mr. Bala 12 July, 2010